The Bottom Line
- The scenery -- just wait until you see those mountains!
- Hiking trails, freshwater swimming and other outdoor attractions right on the property.
- Animals, animals everywhere: Check out the list of recently-spotted wildlife in the hotel lobby.
- Delicious Meso-American cuisine at the Lodge's on-site restaurant.
- Accommodations might seem rustic to luxury travelers.
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito includes twenty-two rooms, some with A/C, some without.
- Rates range from $180 for a Standard, non-A/C room in low season to $305 for a Superior room with A/C in high season.
- Address: The Lodge at Pico Bonito, AP 710, La Ceiba, Atlantida, CP 31101, Honduras, Central America
- Reservations: 1-888-428-0221 (Toll Free U.S./Canada)
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide Review - The Lodge at Pico Bonito, Honduras
The Lodge at Pico Bonito is set among some of Honduras's most impressive scenery. Step through the lobby to the hotel grounds beyond, where clouds drift across the haunting Pico Bonito mountainscape. Thickly landscaped jungle paths lead from cabin to cabin. A birding tower rises above the canopy--even if you're not a birder, the views are worth the climb. Farther away, well-maintained trails lead to swimming holes and waterfalls on the Rio Corinto river, right on the Lodge's property.
Accommodations at the Pico Bonito Lodge are upscale--some of the best in Honduras--but might seem a bit rustic, if you're used to resort travel. However, all the details are there, from cozy robes to in-room flowers. And the location? Unbeatable.