When it comes to food in Costa Rica, there are plenty of tasty dishes to satisfy hungry travelers. From casados to gallo pinto to ceviche, Costa Rica food is undeniably delicious. What Costa Rican dish do you like the best? Share Your Favorite
My Favorite Costa Rican Food
- I love gallo pinto, the main food of Costa Rica, and ceviche and salchichon con tortilla. The most made dishes in our house. Costa Rica is where i'm from and I just love all these dishes. Salchichon con tortilla is sausage and torillas, ceviche is a dish made in America, so you can try it for yourself, and gallo pinto is a dish that is rice and beans, onions, peppers, egg or cheese, and a special sauce mixed together. I love our family cuisine, especially these top three.
- —Guest Jasmeen
Rice and Beans con Pollo
- Two dishes; rice simmered in coconut milk with habaneros, garlic, thyme, onions, red pepper and kidney beans, sometimes done in a pressure cooker but not everyone does it that way; part two being chicken braised in coconut milk with habaneros, tomato sauce (with mushrooms), sliced green and red peppers. Killer!! Always served together. Damn, now I have to make it again....
- —Guest Linc
- Sopa de res! Beef soup. Absolutely delicious!!! My children love it to!!
- —Guest Nativemom
My Favorite Costa Rican Dish
- The plantain dish with vanilla, cinnamon, milk and cheese among the ingredients. Muy Bueno!!!!!
- —Guest Susie Que
favorite Costa Rican foods
- I couldn't get enough of grilled plantains and morra jugo con leche -- blackberry juice with milk.
- —Guest oaklandmomcat
best Costa Rica foods
- My favorite Costa Rican foods are tropical fruit refrescos and the fried plantains served with casados. Yum!! Also, all the cheeses made in Monteverde.
- —Guest alphabeta